Virginia Legal Resources
- Virginia Department of Social Services – Provides useful information related to important topics, such as child protection, child support, spousal support, delinquency of minors, and various other services for families.
- Spare the Child — Prepared by a subcommittee of the VSB Family Law Section, suggests ways parents can “spare the child” from being harmed by parental conflict.
Child Support Calculators – Useful tool to utilize if you are trying to determine a parent’s support obligation to the child.
- Courts in Virginia – Includes the contact information for the Virginia Courts as well as an application to obtain case information, and lots of other important Virginia legal information.
- Military Legal Assistance Office Locator – Important for our military members.
- Domestic Relations pamphlet — Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association has published this pamphlet to help you understand the general legal circumstances that you may face in resolving domestic relations problems under Virginia law.
Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Proceedings for Incapacitated Adults — VSB Pamphlet for lawyers
- Marriage in Virginia — Pamphlet published by the Virginia State Bar Family Law Section
Pay and Allowances
Military members – How much does a person in the military earn? What about allowances? Its all here…
Military BAH Calculator – A tool to determine the basic allowance for housing. This allowance, although not taxable, counted as income for many purposes including child support.
Parenting and Child Care
- Putting Kids First — A parenting class that meets court ordered divorce requirements.
- The Working Parents Handbook: A Guide to the Legal and Practical Aspects of Child Care in Virginia, published by the Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division.
Does your lawyer carry professional liability (legal malpractice) insurance? Is your lawyer facing disciplinary action? The answers are at http://www.vsb.org/attorney/attSearch.asp
Business and Finance
Virginia (VA) criminal defense, divorce, child custody, reckless driving, dui and federal court attorney representing clients throughout Virginia. Some of the jurisdictions served include:
Henrico County VA, Richmond City, Chesterfield County VA, Hanover County VA, Petersburg County VA, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Hopewell, Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Quantico, Virginia Beach VA, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania VA, Hampton Roads, Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, Amelia, Powhatan, Goochland, Louisa, Manassas VA, Woodbridge, Charles City, James City, Gloucester, Tidewater, Portsmouth, Shenandoah, Prince George, Sussex, New Kent, West End of Richmond, Glen Allen, Federal Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (Richmond, Alexandria, Norfolk, and Newport News Divisions).